Sunday 13 October 2013

I'm not going to lie...

To be honest, I don't know much/enough about suicide... I am glad about this, because I guess if I did know a lot about it, then that would mean I knew somebody who had killed themselves... I know quite a lot if people who self harm, most who are close friends, I support them theough that, but to be totally honest, I have no idea whatsoever what they are feeling. I thought I did, I thought I could sympathise with them and help them through it, but I just don't understand. I want to, and I feel sorry for them all! But I am not going to pretend I know how to support them when I don't. The reason I am saying this, is because I was originally going to put my email on the previous post so people could ask for support, but I rescently searched #suicide into Instagram and it hit me. I was utterly disturbed to what I saw, people casually uploading their cut-covered arms, with an annotation of 'I got bored' I just don't understand it... It makes me really upset to think that people would do this to them self. So I realised that I don't actually know what they go through and I should therefore not advertise myself as 'someone to talk to'. 
I thought seeing these pictures would make me happier with my life, and feel relieved to not have to go through that, but it just burnt a hole inside me. 
This is one if the quotes that really touched me... Since I am 14 too :(

I hope this does not come across like me showing off saying I am 'one if the lucky ones' and I am not in anyway saying I am discusted by it... But it is very hard for some people to understand what others go through. 

X


No comments:

Post a Comment