Sunday 20 October 2013

OCD

This is quite a sensitive subject for me, but hopefully not many people I know will read this...
I have not been diagnosed with OCD but I just know that I have it. 
When you dissect the acronym, it means 'obsessive compulsive disorder'. This does not really express its real meaning, and just sounds like someone who is crazy and obsessed. 
I am not denying being crazy, but OCD can have lots of different aspects of it. In my case, I find it hard to eat around people with bad manners, to eat around people who eat loudly, share food or drinks with people. There are many other ways that people can have OCD, and it effects some people a lot worse than me.
To be honest, throughout most of my life, I thought it was normal, and it is only rescently that I have realised that my actions are out of the ordinary. I have told a few of my closest friends, but they did not really take it seriously or understand, so maybe I should just keep it to myself. 
My 'condition' has not hindered my life too much I suppose, but it has caused inconveniences. 
I am rambling on now, but I just wanted a way to channel my problems... Hope this helped somebody out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment